Lost, Found, London.

.
As I mentioned in an earlier post I am digging through old memories from a box my mom recently mailed from home. This box has not been opened in over 20 years. I am having a fantastic time reading, scanning and simply...remembering.

If you have any personal items from years ago tucked away in the garage or attic, I highly recommend dusting them off and riding your own personal time machine.

I found this hand-written poem I wrote at 19 years old. I was kicking off a month long back-packing trip through Europe. Before meeting with my boyfriend in Newquay, Cornwall, I hung out by myself in London enjoying the beer and people-watching at
Horniman At Hays.

Although less than a year working as a stripper, I knew I wanted to write about the experiences I was only beginning to live.

I struggled to find the words, and as a result wrote this poem:



Never think
Before paper meets ink
Just let it go
Don't have to know
Begin
at the beginning
and all will come out beautifully

Sometimes the simplest answers live inside the person you were long ago; you just need to accept who you are now to appreciate who you were then.


"If you don't get lost, there's a chance you may never be found." ~Author Unknown