Mea culpa


This may sound silly, but as an addict, I can no longer deny the fact I am still addicted. This time it's to food.

Rewinding the calendar twenty years, and standing before you would be an underweight, insecure sex worker who snorted cocaine nightly, like she was in a scene from Scarface.

After many years, I quit the drugs and was happy to gain a little extra healthy weight.

Fast forward to the Now, where I am a chubby 42 year old who realizes she’s traded her addictions.

Just because I don’t do drugs doesn’t meant I am not an addict.

There. I said it.

There as many kind of addictions as there are excuses to do them.

I’m trying to eat a healthier diet and rid myself the extra padding I’ve acquired these past few years, but it’s tough. The cravings are just as strong (if not stronger) than when I used to crave cocaine.

So what is there to do? I’m going to forgive myself for the slip today and get right back on the horse tomorrow.

The only failure is in not trying, right? 

So tell me - is there anything you need to forgive yourself for?