Powering through



Everyone said Laparoscopic surgery (through the belly and sides) would pretty much promise me an easy recovery. I suppose I am one of the few with whom that rule does not apply. But then again, I’ve always been a rule-breaker.

My girlfriends and I used to drive naked through Waikiki just to see if we’d get arrested. We were seventeen and rife with mischief. We didn't get arrested and the thrill lasted a lifetime.

Fast forward fifteen years and I'm here to tell you - this recovery from surgery is nothing short of daunting and THRILLING never once entered my mind.

It’s amazing how we take things for granted when it comes to our bodies. Since my surgery was essentially in the middle of my body, every move I make is affected. Sitting, standing, even using the little girls room is a task.

But I am powering through.

We all have things in life that we need to power through.

We are all worth more than we thought - and in times of struggle, our property value increases with every cry for help.

Be proud of yourself.

So tell me – what painful experience in your life have you had to power through?

Have you taken the time to pat yourself on the back?

"The only way out is through"