Because we are worth it


Since I‘ve been sick and just out of the hospital this week I needed help. Kevin has been a fantastic nurse, voice of reason, assistant, and all around phenomenal boyfriend.

In my stripping years I had a different type of man in my life. He dealt drugs, cheated on me openly, and told me point blank: I will never walk side by side with you because of your skin (I have scars covering my face from my teens and even after surgery, I was still called Freddy Kruger). He didn't want to be seen with me in public.

Can you believe that? How low a person’s self-esteem must be to allow them to be in a relationship like that. I’m not sure I allowed so much as he dictated to me -  and there was the matter of the drugs I was quickly becoming addicted to. 

After many years and lessons, I am learning to let in the good ones. Kevin is not only my "good one", he's my soul mate.

Let the good one’s love you. They treat us the way we want to be treated and better yet, the way we deserve to be.

I had a friend once tell me I was a Goddess. You know what? I believe it. We all should. 

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."  ~Eleanor Roosevelt


Here's the part where you tell me: When did you feel you were worth more?