St. Elmo's Crier


I just finished watching St. Elmo's Fire. It's been twenty years since I saw it last and boy, what a difference the decades make.

I've always loved this movie because I was attracted to the tightness of the friendships. I also identified to Demi Moore's character "Jewels".  Back then, I thought she was the fun one. Tonight, I saw her as much more than the party gal. I saw myself in exactly the same way. It hit me by surprise and delivered much introspection.

All the signs of addiction, depression and mental instability were wrapped up in Moore's husky voice, fire engine red hair and black lace tights. I loved the Billy Idol mural in her apartment and those hot pink walls were awesome. I started to cry a little during the scene where she locked herself in the apartment and sat on the ground shivering. I've totally done that. 


It's amazing how some old movie from your 20's can make you appreciate how far you've come in your 40's. Some movies just stick.

So tell me, what movie from your childhood (or 20's) sticks with you?