NOH8 Party


Before the night - (almost) ready!

You know it’s a good party when you wake up still feeling it from the night before.

It’s nearly 10:00 am and all I want is my handsome man to snuggle with to thank for being my knight and shining armor last night.

He’s not much of a drinker.

He’s the voice of reason.

I, on the other hand, almost always press my hand to the hot iron under the danger sign and push the envelope until it’s flown off the edge.

We are a great pair.

I sit here in the office, tired – beyond exhaustion – but here and happy, and a little proud for burning the candle at both ends.

It’s been years since I went to a party on a work night and even longer since I woke up still feeling the buzz.

But last night was a special occasion. It marked the 2nd anniversary of my friends Adam and Jeff’s NOH8 Campaign.

If you are the kind of person who frowns upon the idea of marriage equality you may want to stop reading my blog now.

I’m a FREEDOM gal. I opt for people living the life they dream of; being able to marry whom they wish with no limitations. The NOH8 Campaign is all about that.

Since I founded The Ellen NOH8 Wish, I was asked to speak a little about my on-line campaign to have Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi DeGeneres join the NOH8 Campaign.

I was nervous. I was shaking.

Funny thing though – when you go on stage to speak to a crowd who is all about LOVE, the nerves just go away.

I’m sure I tripped on my words but I don’t think anyone noticed or cared.

It was a great night full or celebrities, non-celebrities (like me) and everyone in-between.

Only seven more hours until I get to wear those jammies. And post photos.