Do you believe?


Like most people, when it comes to psychics and mediums, I'm more than a little skeptical. I imagine scam artists in Gypsy outfits working in the back of a warehouse, complete with incense and tarot cards. Still, my mind is open to the possibility of [some of] them being real.

I've heard the stories and seen the shows. The romantic dreamer in me allows escapism to a world I long to understand, and eager to learn from.

A couple months ago, I scheduled a personal reading with a local psychic and medium. He came highly recommended by a friend of a friend, and after much research on him through Google, I threw down the hundred bucks on my credit card and made a note in my calendar. I thought it'd be entertaining to hear what this person had to say about where my life was headed - or if I was even headed in the right direction.

I took it as a good sign this guy was booked solid for a couple months and went about my life as usual.

Then my friend Gina passed.

A week later, my step-father died.

As my appointment approached, my reasons for seeing him were different. I wondered: would my loved
ones come through?

Last night I got my answer.

Not only did my step-father come through, the dude had a lot to say! There were things he shared with me through the medium that he never could have known. Details. Specifics. Names. Dates. Surprisingly, I wasn't spooked. I just kept listening and taking notes.

After our meeting, I left with a feeling of love and gratitude. I listened to the recording of the read a few times at home and emailed it to my mom. She, too, is a skeptic - but after listening to my reading, I know her mind is open now.

I can't say enough about my new psychic friend. If you're interested in a reading (he does phone and in-person readings all over the world), drop me a line (christine@poletosoul.com) and I'll send you his information. It truly is a gift.

Here's the part where you tell me: Do you believe in psychics and mediums?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.