Fair is Fair


I am a woman who happens to like men. I can fly to Vegas tomorrow and get hitched if I wanted to. Some of my best friends cannot, and I just can't hang with that fact.

It doesn't make sense to me that, if two human beings love one another, they aren't able to legally marry.

If you say "it's always been this way..." I would ask you to watch The Help - and remember a time when it was common practice to segregate people -  human beings - based on the color of their skin. Hard to imagine people thinking "it's always been this way" just a few years ago. There is no difference.

Treating people who are different from you, based on your personal beliefs is not only uncool, it's unconstitutional.

A federal appeals court today struck down California's ban [Proposition 8] on same-sex marriage, clearing the way for the U.S. Supreme Court to rule on gay marriage as early as next year.

“Proposition 8 served no purpose, and had no effect, other than to lessen the status and human dignity of gays and lesbians in California,” the court said.

Another step in the right direction.

It's no secret I am an advocate for same-sex couples' rights. If you disagree, I welcome your comments as to why.

So tell me: What are your thoughts about today's ruling?
Anonymous comments welcome.