I'm Here

This is going to sound vain. I can't explain it.

Or maybe I can.

I've read a few emails, tweets and Facebook posts asking me where I've been.

Truth? I've not written much since meeting my ex-stripper-friends in Vegas this MAY.

Too close too home. Like watching a movie where the final scene scrapes your spine. Nails on gravel.

I love those women. Who they've become. The strength and character they possess.


It's just that, in meeting them after over two decades, I struggled to find myself.

Where was my strength? Did I have character, or was I victim to the well-oiled machine of The Writer wanting to be heard? The one who'd share her story of stretching out on life's gurney. It's wheels filled with self-doubt and coveted solace.

I needed space from my inner most self - my truth. I needed the sand in her hourglass to fall effortlessly in to the air.  My space is finally settling.

This is going to sound vain. But I don't care. I feel your love and appreciate your noticing this emtpy chair.

I'm back.

Thanks for keeping my table.