In control of our dreams


We all have things in life we wish would improve. Some are on a grand scale (furthering our careers or buying that dream home), while others seem more attainable in the near future.

Whatever the dream, it's important we have them.  When was the last time you thought about what you really wanted to improve in your life?

I started "eating clean" two weeks ago. This means I don't eat anything processed, which in turn means I am in the kitchen a lot. I am slicing and dicing, chopping and grilling and I love it. There is something inherently satisfying about taking the time to take care of our health. It gives us a sense of purpose and accomplishment; we remember we deserve to feel good from the inside out and eating healthy is just one way of doing so.

I also started exercising daily (again). Like most people, falling off the workout-wagon is something I am familiar with and not proud of. But life sometimes gets in the way of LIFE. We make excuses for putting our health on the back burner and before we know it those favorite pair of jeans are mocking us from the back of the closet. We give new meaning to the word Muffin Top and seemingly overnight, elastic is our new best friend.

I decided enough was enough and remembered one of my dreams: to be healthy. Then I remembered I was in control of part of that dream.

Sometimes that's all it takes. 

What about you? What would you like to improve? 

Don't second guess yourself when dreaming. You may have more control than you think.


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau