My Moment

This is me - photo credit Bob Coello - early 90s

Not long ago I read these words and decided to enter a writing contest. 

"Welcome to "The Moment," stories of how a single moment changed your life in a profound way. Your Moment might be a split-second decision, something you witnessed, a message sent or received, a literal or mental discovery. Moments can be serious or silly, as short as a tweet, as long as 750 words, told via a single image or illustration, series of photos, or a scanned letter or post-it note."

Sounds pretty great, right? I knew EXACTLY which moment I would write about. 

As a former career gal of the pole, I am often asked two questions: what made me start and what made me stop stripping. I decided to share what made me walk away after nine years on stage.

I have no idea if my piece will make the cut - but just writing these 750 words has ignited something inside - catapulted my final chapter in the book.

To read my submission please CLICK HERE.

I have a long way to go in completing my manuscript, but I know exactly how it's going to end. I can't wait to share it with you.

Now you tell me: everybody has a MOMENT. So what is YOURS?