Take my vice, please


Call it what you want, we all have them; little vices that we indulge in from time to time. Some of us call it addiction while others will say it’s just a little treat we give ourselves. An escape from the day to day.


It all depends on us. What do we use for escape?


Chocolate, shopping, surfing the Internet, French bread, sex, wine; we can be addicted to just about anything. Our kids may be addicted to video games, texting, sports or even slacking.


So when does an indulgence become a full blown addiction? A good way to gauge this is knowing the actual meaning:


–noun
The state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming.

It's no secret I am a recovering drug addict. Now it seems I can't get enough sugar in my diet. I sure hope exercise is next.


So tell me, what are you addicted to? Have been, or know of someone who is/was?

Anonymous commenting is okay.