Does this sabotage make my ass look big?




I’m a piece of meat. A fat, juicy, thick side of beef; the kind your cardiologist warned you about. What once was a stripper body is now a (soon to be) 42-year-old thick mass of loveliness. I’m sick of meat.

I went shopping for clothes today.

They are making the clothes so tiny now

2, 2, 4, 2, 2…F*ck

I need to get back to the gym

It wasn’t fun. What it was – was a wake up call to my former (fit) self.

Today's shopping experience gave me the kind of message that makes you state really important vows like: "I am going to stop the emotional eating, stop making excuses not to work out, stop thinking I am just a PMS cycle away from my skinny jeans. And this time, I mean it."

We are all guilty of self-sabotage – ways to break us -  even more than life does on its own. So why do we do this? I’m no therapist, but I can tell you for me, it’s a way to beat me to the punch of failure.

Some of us are so used to failing, we forget to give ourselves permission to win. 

Time to turn things around. How cool that I have the power to do that. 

What about you? Anything you want to turn around that you haven't given yourself permission to (because you forgot you have the power to change it)? 

Re-wiring our brains isn't easy, but it can be done.