It's the little things

The morning came too soon and my alarm was right on on cue.
.
Snooze
.
Eyes closed, I fantasized about calling in sick to work. Other than my borderline neuroses I’m sure you’ve picked up on from previous posts, I feel just fine. It’s just that I am a night person; a Nocturnal Goddess. I do my best writing at night and the mornings come way too early..
.
I hear the second buzz at exactly five after the hour.
.
Snooze
..
Three more minutes in bed contemplating my escape route from responsibility, I get up out of bed. I remember how grateful I am for my job and how fortunate I am that I work for a stable company.
.
The morning ritual begins.
.
After stepping out of the shower and sneaking a peek at the clock on the nightstand I realize I have no time for hair work or fancy eye liner. I throw my coif in a twisty up-do, and complete my face-in-five, a make-up application routine I’ve mastered over the years: mascara, eye brow/shadow, and lipstick.
.
I had no idea what I was going to wear until I saw a new cardigan I picked up at Target a couple days ago.

Driving to work this morning I had a thought. I felt new and fancy in my Target cardigan and I bet people would think it was from Banana Republic. No one needs to know I picked this up at the same place I purchased trash bags and Pine Sol. Then again, if anyone asked, I would proudly tell them. I love BR but have no issues with labels. As long as things are well made, I am down.
.
It’s amazing what little things can do for the soul.
.
Two hours ago I felt like calling in sick, tired, frumpy and unmotivated. In my new cardigan, I feel like Audrey Hepburn’s younger, much more fuller figured cousin.
.
~~~
.
So here is where you tell me: Is there anything you wear that makes you feel good? A special dress or for you gentlemen, a tie? I would love to hear your story.