Up my ass, in my veins and through my fingers.

...
The older we get the faster time flies. Nothing new. Until you get older and hear yourself asking the same questions your parents did about where the hell summer went.


So where does the time go? For me, it went up my ass, in my veins and through my fingers.


In the past few weeks, I've been diagnosed with (the very early stages of) Melanoma, been invited to speak in New York, had an IVP, hired an editor and submitted the first set of pages of my manuscript. You know. Usual stuff.


There is great news to be shared, as I feel blessed (once again) that my cancer was caught very early and I am taking care of it. The editor I am working with is a rock-star and I get to travel to the place where dreams are made of and network my ass off. Kevin continues to amaze and inspire as his ability to live with me is nothing short of a miracle.


Ok, so I mentioned my ass.


I will spare you the deets but let's just say the surgeon who removed the Nevis on my body was doing so by the light of the silvery moon. Hard to imagine a former nude dancer being so aware of her ass, but it's true. To break the ice I asked Surgeon Man if there was a two drink minimum as he was spreading me open. If having skin cancer in my ass is not a sign I was a g-string diva in the 80's, I don't know what is.


So here I sit. Stitches tickling my skin, veins cleared of contrast (IVP results combined with my Cyctoscopy show no signs of bladder cancer), and my head filled with equal parts intimidation and passion.


When life swings you curve balls, you learn to appreciate the home runs.


It is still too early to tell if my manuscript clears all the bases, but one thing is for sure: I am excited for the innings ahead.