Stripper Scoop: Top five questions answered

.

Strippers are known for showing skin but sometimes asking the right question reveals much more.

Training

Q: What sort of training do you get or are you just told to go out there and start dancing?

A: Good old fashioned self-taught, on the job training. In 1987 there was no such thing as a stripper class. Having natural timing and rhythm is not a stripping prerequisite, but it helps. Unlike Usher (if you're my age, Deney Terrio) strippers tend to slow their moves down. Nothing says 'don't tip me' like a g-string drive by.

Money

Q: How much money did you make on a good night?

A: I would take home enough money to pay my monthly rent on a good night. Corporate executives make a lot more for doing the same thing, and they keep their clothes on.

Plastic Surgery

Q: Did you ever feel pressured to have plastic surgery?

A: I was never pressured but did get my breasts augmented three years in to my career. I'd love to start a line of 'boob-job bras' for strippers and call it Cliché. Breast implants for strippers are what veneers are to actors: an occupational bi-product.

Clientele

Q: What type of customers frequent strip clubs?

A: As many different types of people who thumb through Playboy are what you will find in any given strip bar. Clientele is as diverse as the strippers themselves. I’ve danced for people of all ages and economic backgrounds. It's an equal opportunity skin trade.

Question for the customer

Q: Are there any questions that you, as a dancer, have ever wanted to ask the men or women who frequent strip clubs?

A: “Do you plan on tipping me soon or are you expecting a rabbit to fly out of my ass?”



Copyright © 2010 Christine Macdonald. All rights reserved.