Balancing act

Remember when we were kids and the biggest decision of our day was which shoes to wear to the playground?
.
Before finances, diet and social calendars the only thing we needed to balance as was the shared weight of a friend on the see-saw.If only our five year old selves knew how splendid pure simplicity was.
.
Fast forward to adulthood and we find ourselves tangled up between the pressures of work, family, budgets and keeping our waist line from expanding. It’s enough to make us want to hide in the sand box.

Trying to balance life is tricky. The day planners in our brain can sometimes seem overwrought with the push and pull of have to and get to.


Between writing the memoir, trying to get back on track with my weight (I’m a huge emotional eater), work and play, I’m a little overwhelmed with my own balancing act, but I am taking every day with positive enthusiasm and gratitude. There are no guarantees in life and I am not going to take my health or time for granted the way I have in the past.
Life is still a delicious meal and I want to savor every bite!




Here's the part where you tell me: How do you keep everything in life balanced?


"If at first you don't succeed you're running about average." M. H. Anderson