A legend in my own mind

.
While the average young adult was cramming for mid-terms, I was lip-synching to Def Leppard and Bon Jovi on stage.

When I first started stripping at nineteen, I was too young to dance topless. I shook my tail feather in nothing more than a string bikini while wearing a halo of denial and naiveté. The type only a drug addict could know.
.
Selling $5.00 a dance in-between performances, I provided some PG-Rated entertainment for lonely military boys stationed on O’ahu.
Looking at this photo reminds me just how young I was. The look on my face says it all. Channeling my inner supermodel, trying to convince the world I was worthy.
.
At 41, I still have occasional periods of feeling less-than. The difference now is, instead of trying so hard to convince myself of my worth, I let go and remember…I’m already there. 

.

.
"I am older than I once was, younger than I'll be and that's not unusual." ~ Paul Simon

.

Here's the part where you tell me: Where were you at nineteen?